- Very good
- Very good
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
- Latest version:
- 3.5.3 23/10/13
- Last month's downloads:
- 10.9 MB
- Developer's website
Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) is fully compatible with:
- Mac OS X
Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) is also compatible with
Versions of Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC)
|Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) 3.5.3 23/10/13||Free||English||Download|
|Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) 3.4.2 06/10/11||Free||English||Download|
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
Articles Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC)
- This update is fully qualified on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and now OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- CCC now offers volume-specific advice about how to enable full disk encryption. Enabling encryption on an OS X backup volume, for example, involves several steps that must be executed in the correct order. If full disk encryption is not supported on a particular volume, CCC indicates exactly why not. We have also added answers to some frequently asked questions about full disk encryption to our documentation.
- Fixed an odd edge case in OS X in which you can mount a network volume using a short user name, such as "johnny", but the remote host will place the long name in the filesystem URL that is returned, e.g. "Johnny Appleseed". Previously, this difference would cause CCC to believe that the network volume was mounted with other credentials altogether, and CCC would refuse to use the network volume under the assumption that permissions issues would ensue. This update addresses that issue, CCC will now immediately evaluate the filesystem URL of the network volume that is returned in reponse to its mount request and update its own internal reference to the user account as appropriate.
- Fixed an issue in which CCC may refuse to allow the user to schedule a backup task to a disk image that resides on a FUSE volume.
- Fixed an issue in which a scheduled task could load in a hung state if the task configuration file was corrupted.
- Changed to accommodate some Drobo devices having a problem storing extended attributes larger than 1KB. Rather than reporting that the Drobo device is unable to accommodate the extended attribute, these devices report that the destination volume is full, even when there is adequate space available. This update catches this edge case and reports it in a more meaningful way.
- Changed to explicitly refuse to create a Recovery HD partition if it can positively identify the selected volume as a Drobo device. Drobo's proprietary data moving techniques do not play well with dynamic partition changes, and Drobo specifically does not support the modification of partitioning outside of the Drobo Dashboard.
- Fixed an OS X 10.9 Mavericks-specific display anomaly in the list of items to be copied.
- Fixed an issue in which the OS rarely, but occasionally, does not send an "application finished launching" notification to the scheduled task helper tool, causing task initialization to fail.
- Fixed an issue in which the OS rarely, but occasionally, does not send a distributed notification that a task has finished, resulting in the task appearing to hang at the end despite the fact that it had actually finished.
- Fixed the option to "Silently skip if the source or destination is missing", CCC will no longer proceed with that backup task if the missing volume reappears before the next scheduled run time. The task will instead run on its normal schedule.
- Fixed the "LOGIN" SMTP authentication mechanism for Apple's iCloud SMTP service which recently started to return invalid challenge responses to SMTP clients, causing some CCC email notifications to fail (for users that use iCloud SMTP accounts with CCC). This version of CCC works around this problem by preferring the "PLAIN" authentication mechanism instead.
- Fixed an issue related to Google's recent changes to its Gmail SMTP service that introduced a problem with sending email notifications to multiple recipients. This update resolves that problem.
Review last updated: 24/10/13
- Completely free
- Does what it says
- Seems to have some issues on 10.5
- Won't start if you don't have a local drive connected
"Carbon Copy Cloner"
Does not work with MAC Lion! That is my review - It does not work! Needs a bit of loving attention - previous copy was excellent!
- Does not work with MAC Lion
- Worked fine with MAC 10.6
- 24 Jul 2011
Articles Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC)
Despite my love for the pseudo-holiday, October isn't all about Halloween tricks and treats: it's also... See more
The third update for Firefox 32 has arrived, version 32.0.3, and it fixes a critical security... See more
Questions and answers Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC)
- Under discussion
- 0 answers
- *****cannot translate without context********
Discover alternatives to and add-ons for Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC)
Searches Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC)
- carbon copy cloner 3.4.5
- carbon copy cloner ccc 3.3.7
- carbon copy cloner ccc 3.5.1
- carbon copy cloner ccc 3.5.3
- power mac os x 10.4.11 disk utilities
- carbon cloner
- carbon copy cloner ccc 3.4.7
- hard copy
- carbon copy cloner ccc 3.3.5
- carbon copy cloner ccc 351